All right, I am very sorry… I did happen to see that huge error in arithmetic in computing the characteristic function, but not until late tonight.
I have fixed it and placed the updated code in my original characterize.pl post.
Again, I do apologize for that. But now I am excited again because until I run this some more in the morning, I won’t get to see the real, true, *accurate* numbers for the characteristic function coefficients.
But I am excited to see, when I do get around to doing so (I have many errands before my wife returns home, and some of them need to happen tomorrow) what the effect will be on the charts I am keeping. Certainly getting the right answer will at least mean I am looking at the correct data.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply